Child Care Provider Corner
From Robin McClure, former About.com Guide
- Communications & Expectations
- Kid Watch: Tips and Advice to Share
- Child Activities
- A Career in Child Care
Communications & Expectations
An effective partnership between parents and providers is the key for providing a successful child care experience. Here are ways providers can help ensure positive and ongoing interactions with families in their care.
- When Drop and Go Child Care Becomes Drop and Run
- School Dress Code: Practical, Comfy Clothes Are a Must
- Top 10 Things Child Care Providers Want Parents To Know
- Potty Training a Child in Daycare
- Two-Way Communications Build A Better Parent-Provider Relationship
- Managing Food Allergies in Kids
- How Asthma-Friendly Is Your Child-Care Setting?
- How Can You Really Tell When Your Child is too Sick for Childcare?
- Considering the Flip-Flop Factor at Daycare
- Knowing SIDS Safety
Kid Watch: Tips and Advice to Share
Of course, not every kid can be an angel all the time! However, there are certain rules and expectations as to how kids should act and what they should do in order for the experience to be successful for everyone involved!
- Oh, No You Don't! Kid Behaviors to Halt at Daycare
- Top Tips for Keeping Toddlers Safe and Sound
- Understanding Kids with Special Needs
- Top 6 Child Discipline Techniques to Try
- Caregiver Love Meter
- How to Handle a Biting Child
- How Do I Put A Stop to Kid Teasing?
- How Can I Help Kids Feel Included at Daycare/School?
- Helping Kids Find Friends
There are a lot of great child care provider and parenting resources and ways to connect with others who share interest in raising kids. Here are some recommended areas to check out!
- Top Reading Suggestions About Children and Child Care Services
- Top Child Care-Related Web Sites
- Child Care on a Budget
- Gasp, Giggle, Think, and Learn: 10 Best Books for Teaching Children Manners
Play IS learning when it comes to infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Here are some activities for kids on the grow and go!
- Book It! Reading Activities Make It A Joy For Kids
- Create Book Clubs for Kids
- Top 10 Fun Activities for Teaching Fire Safety for Kids
- How to Know if a Child is Ready for Lessons
A Career in Child Care
It takes a lot more than loving kids to be a success child care provider ... just ask any experienced early educator! But, if you have what it takes, a career in child care can be rewarding and meet the needs of your family and those of kids you help to raise!