1. Parenting

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Child Care Provider Checklist

There are certain pieces of basic information that must be provided for caregivers, whether using a sitter for the afternoon or enrolling your child at a weekday day care center. This goes double for a child with special needs.

While it's not necessary to divulge every detail of your child's history, you should make sure the provider has enough information on hand for their day-to-day care -- and in case of emergency.

Your phone number and a doctor's phone number are just the minimum. Refer to this sample checklist (mid-page) as a good starting point. Once created, keep the list saved on your computer where it's easy to update and print more as needed.

Comments
February 10, 2011 at 5:47 pm
(1) Michelle says:

Childcare Revealed offers a view into what it takes, both personally and professionally, to work in a childcare center. Peggy Steward, director of Jamison Street Preschool, shares inspiration and know-how to those interested in the childcare profession.

March 2, 2011 at 7:37 am
(2) Paul says:

Can you really put a price on keeping your children safe and satisfied when it comes to childcare? I mean I am not a millionaire I cant afford to pay just anything for my childs care. But at the same time I am not willing to accept terrible service when I want nothing but the best for my child. Where is the limit of to much?

March 29, 2011 at 3:01 pm
(3) Amy Miller says:

This is website that has resources that are for parents and child care providers. There is information about creating a Family Manual, and Nanny Handbook. I found this website to be very helpful as I began to search for a live in nanny for my children. http://www.howtofindananny.com/creating-a-family-manual-for-nannies-2/ This is a direct link to creating a family manual.

April 1, 2011 at 3:54 am
(4) Amy Miller says:

How To find a nanny provides all the information a parent will need as they begin to search for a nanny.

April 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm
(5) lashyra gerald says:

being a child care provider requires alot of time and eeffort you gotta want to do it

May 18, 2011 at 5:26 pm
(6) Benefits says:

Childcare costs can be dramatically reduced if you use a childcare voucher service!

Makes a big difference…

May 18, 2011 at 5:28 pm
(7) Benefits says:
June 16, 2011 at 11:04 am
(8) CreekStone Academy says:

Every parent wants the same thing for their child, for them to have a early start on life. I think child care is one of those expences parent deals with. Getting quality child care
is a different story. Providing a checklist for child care providers will be the most beneficial way to know your child is being properbly taken care of.

August 1, 2011 at 7:02 am
(9) Fredz says:

Thank You for [direct=http://www.babycarehowto.com]Baby Care[/direct] Provider Check List.

August 17, 2011 at 5:39 am
(10) CreativeKids says:

Creative kids provides you with quality child care, you can check our preschool quality checklist for more information.

August 23, 2011 at 5:38 am
(11) Lei says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Hope all is well. I enjoy reading your blog! Would you ever consider a guest post from my business: https://www.sittingaround.com/ ?
We are the leader in high-quality, easy-to-coordinate, affordable, community-based childcare and we would love educate your readers on the benefits of babysitting cooperatives.
Could we please submit a post for your blog?
Lei

September 27, 2011 at 5:53 pm
(12) arizona preschool says:

Here at the Valley Learning center, we provide a loving and fun learning environment. As daycare facility, our hours of operation accommodate working parents. Check us out!

November 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm
(13) Hannah says:

If you are busy with your children, i can advice you to do what i did, hire an Au Pair. They are very helpful and will save you lots of time. I was using services of this agency- Your Au Pair and they were very good. Hope it will help all busy mom’s :)

February 6, 2012 at 12:11 am
(14) laura says:

Before choosing, check out this book. I used to work in daycare and it is spot on. Doing Time: What It Really Means To Grow Up In Daycare.

February 8, 2012 at 4:48 am
(15) Jon Singer says:

I just published The Great Babysitter Hiring Guide for the Kindle on Amazon:
http:www.//amzn.to/wcLRop

If you send your favorite strange or funny babysitter story and we use it on our web site, http://www.GreatBabysitterGuide.com, or in a future edition of the book, we will send you a free copy for the Kindle.

Send your story to jon (at) eimpulse (dotcom) and please include a note stating that I have your permission to use your story.

Jon Singer

P.S. You do not need a Kindle device to read Kindle books. You can read them on your computer or mobile devices like iPhones or iPads with the free Kindle app.

March 26, 2012 at 2:21 pm
(16) Andrew @ LPN programs says:

Before you leave your child with anybody, you should make sure that the person has the basic first aid training and also on how to handle young children. You should also inform the caregiver on special conditions the child has and what to do in case of an emergency. It is only fair enough to make sure that your child is safe at all times.

June 8, 2012 at 9:11 am
(17) Eugene says:

Child care provider should definitely collect these important information and keep them handy. Nowadays with everything going mobile, collecting and retrieving these information can be done electronically! check it out:

This could be a good mobile solution for all the childcare services out there.

June 11, 2012 at 4:09 am
(18) click here says:

I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this blog. I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own site now ;)

August 22, 2012 at 3:16 am
(19) Natalia says:

Child care is really essential for all parents. I have come across with this book based on Pediatrics and it states the number of ways to care for your child. This is really a very good knowledge for all parents.

September 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm
(20) Madion says:

Hi. My names Madison and i live in Wilmington Delaware. I am in my second year of human and child development in school. if you need a baby sitter E-mail me at Maddie53@ymail.com

November 30, 2012 at 7:08 pm
(21) Maddie Andrychowski says:

My name is Maddie and I’m 15 I live in Wonderlake and I’m willing to travel around me , I’m certified babysitter and I have babysat before if you need me email me at maddie.volleyball05@gmail.com