1. Parenting

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Tips for New Working Moms

After returning to work from maternity leave, many new mothers will start to worry about their company's "mommy track", or the work-life balance your company gives working mothers. Balancing your home life with the rigors of a pressure-packed work environment is not for everyone and talking to other working moms in the company will provide a good idea of what the future will hold.

If the company you currently work at seems too demanding and would take away from what you need to do at home, perhaps a more easy going employer and a relaxed working environment will give you what you need to provide for your family while having the time and energy to be a great mom at home.

Comments
March 22, 2010 at 3:14 pm
(1) Ashley Dempsey says:

Another great option for working moms is having a personal family assistant help with errands.

March 29, 2010 at 10:12 pm
(2) Natasha says:

Having previously worked in the financial education industry, I can certainly agree with the author’s suggestion that sometimes you need to find a different employer (or industry) that is more supportive of work-life balance and women in general.

How sad, in this day and age, that not all employers allow a flexible working environment that encourages women returning to work after child birth.

April 16, 2010 at 4:51 pm
(3) Nannies says:

Find some local nannies in your area to take care of your children during certain hours of the day. If you can afford it, its also a good idea to have an in home caretaker with childcare expertise. You can find a nanny in your area at opti mum Childcare services here Nannies

April 26, 2010 at 3:30 pm
(4) ChrissyD says:

I am looking for child care providers to gather and give tips, advice and support to other child care providers at dailychildcare.blogspot.com

April 29, 2010 at 1:20 pm
(5) Janice says:

Having a Au Pair (18 -26 year old nanny, from other countries) can be a wonderful experience. It provides flexibility around your schedule, and it is affordable.

June 12, 2010 at 11:21 am
(6) Olga says:

how sad, that not all the mothers have an option to find nannies (cannot afford) or have to look for a new industry to work in. Do you not see the unemployment rate? Please, as if we have a choice.

June 23, 2010 at 9:30 am
(7) children creativity says:

nice article about children creativity,it helps a lot in how to guide our child’s in their creativity stage. Thanks!

January 26, 2011 at 11:17 am
(8) Melissa says:

Finding a dependable childcare provider you trust can help a new mom feel comfortable as she transitions back to work.

Try searching http://www.daycarematch.com for thousands of childcare providers.

February 2, 2011 at 2:42 pm
(9) Ana Vanegas says:

I was very concerned about the care of my kids and I really was never happy with the people until I found Ana at the Bronx child care center. She really knows how to provide children care. There is so much love involve in everything she does for children that in my opinion there are no others like her. I strongly recommend Ana to anyone who truly cares for their kids.

July 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm
(10) Childcare in Lakewood Ranch says:

I’m always concerned about child care for my children. Fortunately I was able to find a great school here in Lakewood Ranch florida. It’s

July 22, 2011 at 4:53 pm
(11) Liko Amano says:

I was really stressed out at the prospect of going back to work without a relative or someone I knew who I could hire to babysit for my daughter, but I actually found a great sitter through Care.com. They let me run multiple background checks, conduct interviews and search through references from other people who had hired them (I’m a little paranoid) and I found a college student Alyssa who has been great!

September 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm
(12) surprise child care says:

As a working mom, it’s hard to find a center who is willing to watch my son. I researched child care centers in my area. Most of the facilities will let you tour the center.

May 3, 2012 at 10:59 pm
(13) sheetal says:

it ws a nice experience reading this article.you have included very nice information.
working moms can have the centre based or home based childcare.where granny or other home members can look after the baby.For working parents, it becomes necessary to join some childcare program with an aim to safeguard your career opportunities while learning proper child care development skills.The baby is like clay ball, we can mould him in any shape as we want to, and so proper child care should be taken from the birth only. you can have the Childcare tips for working parents,Safety steps for your precious little baby and some important general guidelines to keep your baby healthy and safe from http://www.infozall.com

September 19, 2012 at 12:39 pm
(14) Maddie says:

Hi, My names Madison. I live in Wilmington Delaware. I am in my second year of human/ child development in . E-Mail me at Maddie53@ymail.com

January 16, 2013 at 8:28 pm
(15) Ellen says:

The pampered child in roseland nj is wonderful. They have a great play area, loving and caring staff members and will get your child ready for kindergarten. A must see school. I was very happy with our experience there. I’m sure you won’t be dissapointed.